Sunday, April 1, 2018

5 Transforming Prayers to Help You Win Your War With Anxiety - ROSILIND JUKIC CHARISMA NEWS

God never intended for us to live in anxiety and drama.
God never intended for us to live in anxiety and drama. (Unsplash/Christopher Windus)

5 Transforming Prayers to Help You Win Your War With Anxiety

ROSILIND JUKIC  CHARISMA NEWS
I don't know about you, but as a woman, I struggle a lot with anxiety.
We're told as moms that it is normal to worry about our kids, and that we'll worry about them the rest of our lives. But does it really have to be this way?
I think that as women, we are more prone to anxiety because everything in our lives is tied together.
Our thought processes and emotions combine to drive us to constantly think of "what if...." while we envision every scenario—each one more horrifying than the one before.
Combine that with hormonal changes and undernourishment, often led by calorie-restricted dieting (which can lead to even greater hormone disregulation), and we have a recipe for chronic anxiety and depression.
God never intended for us to live in anxiety and drama.
There multitude of verses in the Bible that tell us not to fear, to trust in the Lord, to release our anxiety; and this is as much an area of obedience in our lives as forgiveness or morality.
One thing I have found tremendously helpful in my own battle against chronic anxiety is praying Scripture.
As I pray Scripture and personalize it for my life, it reinforces the truth of God's Word in my heart, and I find that my mind and emotions begin molding to it.

5 Transforming War Room Prayers for Anxiety

Psalm 55:22: "Cast your burden on the LORD, And He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved."
Heavenly Father, I know that You are for me and not against me. You will not allow me to fall or slip, as long as I allow You to sustain me in this trial. Today, right now, I take this burden (name the burden) and I throw it off of me and onto You. I refuse to carry it one moment longer. Thank you for being a God who cares for me and nurtures me; who carries my burdens, and who protects Me. Amen.
2 Timothy 1:7: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind" (2 Tim. 1:7, NKJV).
Heavenly Father, I know this fear isn't from you. You only give good gifts like power, love and a sound mind—a mind that is disciplined and controlled. Please help me to empty my heart of this fear and open my heart to your Spirit so I have room to receive the good gifts you have for me. Amen.
Psalm 56:3: "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."
Heavenly Father, I know your faithfulness has no end, that your thoughts and plans for me are only good and that you work all things out for good for those who love you and are called according to your purpose. So, I commit to you today that anytime I feel afraid, I will use it as a signal to intentionally trust You for whatever it is that is causing me fear. Please help my faith in You to grow each and every day. Amen.
John 14:27 – "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid (John 14:27).
Heavenly Father, Your Word instructs me to now allow my heart to grow troubled or become afraid. Today I choose to live in obedience to your Word and receive the divine peace that You have already given to me. Please help me to daily walk in Your supernatural peace that goes above and beyond my understanding. Amen
Zephaniah 3:17: "The Lord your God is in your midst, a Mighty One, who will save. He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will renew you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Heavenly Father, my heart is troubled right now. I need you to quiet my heart with your love. Right now I proclaim to my heart: "There is no need to fear, God is with you! He is a mighty warrior and champion, He will save you. He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet your with His supernatural love, and He will rejoice over you with singing" 
Rosilind Jukica Pacific Northwest native, is a missionary living in Croatia and married to her Bosnian hero. Together, they live with their two active boys, and she enjoys fruity candles, good coffee and a hot cup of herbal tea on a blustery fall evening. Her passion for writing led her to author her best-selling book The Missional Handbook. At A Little R & R she encourages women to find contentment in what God created them to be. You can also find her at Missional Call, where she shares her passion for local and global missions. You can follow her on FacebookTwitter,Pinterest and Google +.
This article originally appeared at rosilindjukic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your head from the Lord Jesus, Yeshua HaMashiach.

Steve Martin
Founder
Love For His People
Charlotte, NC USA